Thursday, June 24, 2010

Affirmations

Having grown up at the tail end of the Baby Boomer generation, I can't think of Affirmations without thinking of Stuart Smalley.


However, I've taken two intense classes recently that both strongly suggest using daily affirmations as a tool. One of the classes suggested cards, which really appealed to my artistic side.



There was a suggested list of affirmations on the class blog and many fellow students shared some of their own affirmations as well. I used these affirmations as a starting point, then altered, edited and threw in a few of my own. I came up with a list of 22 affirmations to use daily.


I made the cards out of pastel paper using images from my journaling stash and stamps, watercolors, stickers, etc. This was really fun play. Because they were just for me, I didn't worry about the product, I just had fun with the process. I wrote all the affirmations in my own handwriting.


This project allowed me to get comfortable with my list. Essentially, making the list my own. I'm looking forward to trying these out! I'll report back soon on how the daily use is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment