Saturday, June 5, 2010

Are you ready for an Adventure?

Am I ready for an adventure?? On June 1st, I joined the ranks of the unemployed. I was lucky - the announcement was made the week before Christmas, but my term date was at the end of May. I had a lot of time to process my emotions and think about the future.


I was working part-time for the last couple of my 8 years there while working on building an art business. I did spend time in my studio - mostly organizing, painting walls, etc. I took lots of classes but didn't spend a lot of time developing the skills further at home. Plus, I increased my working schedule often to accommodate business need. I never really developed a focus or a routine. In retrospect, I used my real job as a crutch for not pursuing what interested my most and at the same time - scared me most!


I have decided to take my art business seriously now. My sweetie has set a deadline of September to show some real progress towards my goals. I've spent the last couple of months in some deep soul searching work. I am finishing up my business plan, my strategies, my skills development plan, and (probably for me) most important - a time management plan.


By the way, the painting in the photo was done in a class with Chery Baird at Spruill. She is one of my favorite teachers!


I'm back in blogland and I'm ready for a really fun ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment